August 4, 2009

Quick Workday Posting

I didn't do a Musings post yesterday because I was too busy at work to take a blogging break and when I got home the last thing I wanted to do was sit in front of a computer again. So instead, I watched the rest of the first disc of Mad Men Season 1 (sorry, Nick!) and relaxed. It was nice, until the baby decided she wanted to practice her jujitsu on my uterine wall for an hour. Ah, kids.

But I wanted to get a quick posting in today before I got super-busy and forgot. Plans are coming together for the arrival of the little girl - her nursery furniture arrived yesterday; the boxes are just waiting in the garage for Nick to get home from Seattle and assemble. Of course, we might need to wait on that until we a) clear out the old furniture currently taking up space in her room and b) paint the walls and install a chair rail. In due time - pun intended. Our registries are complete - Target and Babies R Us, per the usual - and full of stuff you'd never think a baby required, but for some reason, they do. We're signed up for both a weekend birthing class AND a parenting/breastfeeding class in the fall. So yeah, we're making progress on the Great Parenting Project.

Just a quick plug for any of you who live in Portland: Bite of Oregon is this weekend at Waterfront Park. I love this event. We went for the first time last year and had a BLAST. Luckily, I can't partake of the sake, wine, and beer booths this year (that boozetastic combo did make my specific memories a little hazy) but the food...oh man, the food. I'm definitely looking forward to pigging my way through the delicious petits plats offered from both Portland-area and "outer Oregon" restaurants. If you have time this weekend, you should go. Admission is pretty cheap and so are the prices for food, beer, wine, gadgets, etc.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Oh and it's also the garlic festival in North Plains this weekend too! Yummy!!!