I intended to jazz this post up with a photo of me and the bump at Bite of Oregon on Saturday, but I forgot to upload the photos last night, so that'll have to wait until maybe tomorrow. Or next week...actually, just plan on seeing them next week. It's been an interesting month around here - lots of baby planning stuff going on, work craziness showing no signs of letting up, and three weekends' worth of travel back to Idaho/E. Washington on the schedule through August. Musings commence.
Saw Julie and Julia with my BFF on Friday night. The theater was PACKED...which totally surprised me. It's was a pretty good movie and definitely makes me want to practice some fancy French cooking and baking.
Nick felt the bambina move for the first time yesterday. She was moving pretty well in there so I had him put his hand on the ol' belly and taaaa-daaa...she kicked (or punched, we don't know) him pretty well. I guess she assumed he'd be here this morning at 4:30 - he wasn't, back to Seattle for work - because she decided to kick/punch/flip like crazy and woke me out of a dead sleep. Thanks, baby.
Bite of Oregon was a load of fun - but I should post about that with photos. We took a lot, especially of our food. Highly recommend the Pommes Frites booth if they come back next year, and the seared scallop w/cucumber salad from H50 here in Portland.
For those who might be wondering, the baby now has a name. It is...still a surprise. We are determined to make everyone wait to find out when she's born, because well, it's fun for us. And we're the parents, so we're entitled to be this way about her name if we want to. Neener neener.
We signed up for Netflix and I love it! How did we manage to wait so long for this magical service? I don't think we'll get caught up on Mad Men in time for the S3 premiere on Sunday, but we'll just save them on the DVR until we are. What a great show.
Yesterday we got new towels at Bed Bath & Beyond. I love new towels.
My 1o-year reunion is this weekend and I'm hoping it's fun, but who knows. Should be interesting at the very least.

4 comments:
I can't believe you just joined Netflix. Haven't you been wondering what that great hole in your life was? It was your lack of Netflix!!!! Say hi to everyone at the reunion for me. I soooooo wish I could be there but instead I will be celebrating the union of holy matrimony between our two friends. I can not wait to see you and talk about all kinds of stuff and take dogs for walks and shop and eat and talk some more.
You obviously need to send me an email with the d-low on all of the reunion details (CAN YOU BELIEVE THERE'S A DINNER AT THE RAMADA) as I will be only recently recovered from my comprehensive Ph.D exams.
And Mad Men...man on man. Blogpost forthcoming. Where are you right now? Season Two is f-ing spectacular.
I will try and take copious mental notes and send you both an email with all the high and low lights from the reunion. The cost of the dinner alone...with no free drinks! Gah...
Annie, I'm only through the first disc of the first season. I think disc 2 is due to arrive via the 'Flix today or tomorrow, though. I need my fix.
The movie Happiness. Go to netflix and get it. It's my mission to make as many peple as possible see it.
Post a Comment