- Baby: she's growing just fine and so is her mom. We have a follow-up ultrasound scheduled for Sept. 17th to check on the position of my low-lying placenta (typing all of this makes me feel like I'm violating my own HIPAA rights, but whatever) and take another gander at the babe. My 28-week appointment is the following day, and that will mark the end of my monthly visits to the doc, and starts the 'every two week' appt cycle until the last month of my pregnancy, when I have to go every flippin' week.
- Neighbor: No more blatant crazy, and in fact, she's keeping her dogs in check, so that's been nice. The polite thing to do would be to go over there with some muffins and thank her for her cooperation but I think it would just be awkward, and frankly, I'm not that polite. So I keep ignoring her and all is well.
- Work: This is a recession and I'm thankful I have a well-paying, stable job. But there's a lot to do these days, and projects are crazy, so it's stressful and makes it hard to remember to be thankful for said job. So here's my visible reminder: I'm thankful for my job.
- Play: We've spent the last two weekends traveling eastward (first to L-town for my reunion, then to Walla Walla for my friend's wedding) and will do so again this weekend (to Spokane for Nick's reunion and a baby shower). After that, we don't have to drive anywhere again until the weekend of UI homecoming, thanks God. All that time spent in the Civic has killed Nick's back and hasn't done mine any favors. But our weekends, while they will soon be road trip-free, aren't going to clear up anytime soon. My stepmom will be over for Labor Day, then we have the UI-UW game in Seattle the following weekend, and the weekend after that is our childbirth training seminar. I need a break.
Happy Hump Day and please check out this kid's Twitter feed, if you haven't already (site URL NSFW). It's hilarious.

3 comments:
Where was the wedding in Walla2? It's such a beautiful spot for a wedding. And how I love the drive between there and Lewiston -- not kidding.
It was actually in M-F at the First Christian Church...we stayed at the lovely La Quinta in Walla-Squared though.
I like the drive between Walla Walla and L-town too, assuming I don't get stuck behind a farm vehicle or a line of semis.
And don't forget that I'm coming to stay very soon...I can't wait!
Post a Comment