August 31, 2009

Monday Musings, No. 1 Vol. 19

Musings are back! It's been a crazy Monday - I overslept (by, um, nearly TWO HOURS...oh the joys of pregnancy exhaustion) and then whilst working from home, our Verizon FiOS internet crapped out (extended outage - no ETA for the fix), so I scrambled to get ready over the lunch hour and hauled myself into the office for the afternoon. Googily moogily. Let's muse:

I'm only supposed to be pregnant for another 15 weeks. That seems so weird. Also, scary.
I had a fun laid-back family baby shower in Spokane this weekend and got a LOT of great stuff. I even managed to put the baby's swing together by myself last night when I got home. And I only swore 3 times while doing so.
I love HGTV's Design Star. I'm rooting for Dan (he's from Portland)...he's adorable and I think he has great style.
We have had white peaches in the free fruit bins at work lately. I love white peaches, and since they're free, even the underripe ones taste good.
I like squeegying (sp?) the shower in the morning after I'm done in there. It's the perfect tiny, easy chore for neat freaks when time is short.
The baby is funny these days - she goes nuts with her rolling, kicking, and punching for several minutes at a time, but as soon as Nick comes over to feel her move, she stops. Stubborn little miss.
It's FOOTBALL SEASON! Yes! Should be interesting being the sober kid at tailgates this year, but I think I can manage. As long as no one drinks a pumpkin ale next to me, no blood or tears will be shed.
I have a package of Reese's Dark PB Cups sitting on my desk right now. I'm full from lunch, but I really want to eat one.
Nick and I played the "athlete mancrush" game on the drive home from Spokane yesterday. In a nutshell, the point of the game is to name the athletes you crush on, but in a totally platonic way. Halfway through my list, I realized this game is very difficult to play if you are a straight female. Nick killed it though.

No comments: