July 27, 2009

Monday Musings, Vol. 1, No. 17

Today is a Headache Monday. Literally, I mean. I can't seem to get my neck and back to renormalize after last week's work trip to Phoenix (tiny airplane seat both ways + 2 nights in a crappy hotel bed + 3 days in conference room chair + bulging baby belly = back and neck PAIN), so I've been getting headaches every day since I returned last Thursday. This sucks because I don't do headaches well...some people can just power through them, but not me. Oh well, maybe Musings will help take my mind off of it.

It's really hot here today. And it will be until at least Wednesday. Which is another reason to light a candle for the man who invented air conditioning.
I wish I weren't too old to run through sprinklers. So much fun on hot summer days.
Baby name update: still no idea. We aren't telling anyone her name until she's born anyway, but it would be nice to have a Top 3 list. We don't even have a Top 10 list - but I'm working on it.
The new season of Entourage is really good.
I need a beach day soon. It's over halfway through the summer and we haven't been to the coast once yet.
The Andre Miller Era is upon us here in Portland. I'm weirdly ambivalent about the guy - which isn't probably a great sign, but oh well.
Flying into Phoenix in July is bad enough, but when a thunderstorm has rolled through about three hours before you land, it's unbearable. The humidity plus the heat is just...ick.
The new Ben and Jerry's treats, Flipped Out, are so good. Highly recommend them.
Is it normal to get daily heartburn already in my pregnancy? Even when I don't eat spicy foods? If this is what the next 19 weeks are gonna be like, I'm not enthused.
The dogs are shedding like crazy after a few days at playcare/boarding last week. Grr.
And as a conclusion, here's a photo of Baby Girl from our ultrasound on Friday. I know, she's already a stunner. :)

4 comments:

Anne said...

Looks like one good healthy baby! If it makes you feel better, Gwen was so low, they worried about placenta previa for a while but then she ambled her way back out of the danger zone(whew) a few weeks later. I tended to get heartburn a lot more with her too and less with this one but it was regardless of what I ate. And at that point, you might as well enjoy spicy! :)

Tiffiny said...

And if the old wives' tale is to be believed, lots of heartburn = lots of hair on the baby's head, right? :)

Still though, a bowl of Raisin Bran wasn't the dinner I was envisioning tonight. But it keeps the burn away...for a bit!

carmeezie said...

Andre Miller is a good steady point guard, can post up and get to the rim effectively, good layups and turnarounds. Has a funky shot but is ok from 12 feet in. Cannot shoot 3's but will hit one here and there. Will scream 'oh!' every drive to the basket whether he gets hit or not. Is kind of tempermental and would freeze certain guys out sometimes. I liked him a lot when he was with Nuggets. he must he called 'Dr. Dre' in a Flanders like voice.

Jenny Eccles said...

light a candle for the man who invented ac....I almost fell off my chair when I read that line...hahahahhaa!