June 29, 2010

Tuesday iPhone Awesomeness

I forgot my Monday post (not that I've EVER done that before...) because I've been preoccupied with the iPhone 4 launch this week. Yeah, some of you got it last week b/c you pre-ordered...well, we didn't have that option. Our Verizon contract was up on Sunday so we had to wait until today to get the phones in-store and set up AT&T accounts.

The husband got up very early this morning and was in line by 5am at our local AT&T store waiting for our turn to get the iPhone. Well, he was like, the 15th person in line. AT 5 AM!! Goodness. I was at home, getting ready for the day and just about to wake up the baby bear when he called and told me I had to get down to the store ASAP if I wanted a phone. Even though we share an account, it was only one iPhone per person. Drat! So I woke up my awesome sister-nanny, kissed the kiddo, handed her over and bailed out the door. I made it to the AT&T store in 10 minutes. No lie.

After a 40 minute wait, we finally got inside and got our new phones. I'm officially in love with this thing. The screen is amazingly crisp and clear and I love the touch interface. We haven't tried the FaceTime video chat, but I suspect we will at some point. I've already downloaded the Facebook app (and FarmVille, don't judge me!) and I'll need to sync it with my iTunes account here soon.

So far I haven't had any issues, but I've only been able to dink around with it for 3 hours. Stay tuned for any iPhone rants and/or diatribes in coming days and weeks.

No comments: