July 6, 2010

Tuesday Musings, No. 2, Vol. 15

Darn three-day weekends messing with my blogging schedule. Apologies for not posting yesterday, I didn't even realize it was Monday until this morning, when I realized it was Tuesday. Yeah. I'm confused too. Time for some confusing musings...

Ellie is officially a prize heifer-in-training. She weighs around 16.5 lbs!! Just under a month ago, she weighed in at 15lbs even at her 6mo checkup. Holy cow.
And we started on yogurt a few times a day...it's helped with her digestion, but I think we overdosed her this weekend and her poor tummy was in fits yesterday. So we are gonna cut back to once a day and see if that improves things for her. She has such a delicate constitution.
It was a very fun holiday weekend. The sister-nanny's boyfriend ("D") came over and we enjoyed taking him around. Plus it gave us an excuse to hit up Voodoo Donuts, which I love.
I had forgotten there was a World Cup match today until I was walking to the cafe for a soda this afternoon and suddenly heard a loud cheer erupt in there. Our company set up extra flat-screen TVs for the duration of the WC and the matches attract quite a crowd.
100 calorie kettle corn is wonderful for snackage.
Portland is finally experiencing summer temps this week (upper 80s-mid 90s) and I'm excited. I've missed the heat. And we have A/C.
So far I still love my new iPhone. A few dropped calls here and there, but oh well.
My grandma and aunt and cousin are coming through here next week and they are going to spend some time with us and Ellie. I'm super excited - I really miss my grandma especially.

And lastly, I am an aunt for the first time!!! My brother-in-law and his wife had their first baby, a little girl, on Friday afternoon. She is the exact same size as Ellie when she was born (although, their little lady was about 2-3wks early), and cute as a bug. We can't wait to meet her :)

No comments: