Dear Ellie,
Wow...six months old already? What happened to the time? I can hardly believe that in another short six months you will be celebrating your first birthday. Your daddy and I love you so much and we can't imagine our lives now without you! You learn new things every day and along the way you have taught us so much too.
1. Patience is key. Babies, especially you, do their own thing and have their own ideas. As parents, we've learned to let you lead the way as much as possible and roll with the punches - both figuratively and literally.
2. Nothing is sweeter than your baby's smile. Or her hair. Or her chubby legs and belly. Or her sparkling eyes and soft skin. You're pretty much the ideal baby specimen and your daddy and I marvel at you all the time.
3. You're smarter than we are. Okay, maybe not yet - I mean, I was on Jeopardy and your daddy's a smart fella too - but you pick up new concepts and master new skills so fast. Another thing we marvel at about you. Of course, every parent thinks their kid's a genius, but you are really bright. Pretty impressive.
4. Your laugh is the sweetest song in the world. It's better than any sound I've ever heard. Now, your screams and squeals of delight, while cute, can be a bit much. I won't lie...my eardrums ring after a good play session with you. But I'm so happy that you are so happy. And you already have quite the sense of humor. Fart noises really get you going.
5. Our special bond is the best. I promise to always be there for you, even if I'm far in the background. I've got your back and I'll be there to dry your tears, tell you like it is, and keep you safe as long as you'll have me. And when it's time for you to make your own life without me...I'll be okay. I just want you to know that I love you forever and ever.
Ellie, you have changed my life and healed my heart. I'm a more complete and better person because I have you. Your daddy and I love you more everyday and we can't wait to grow and change with you. You're our precious baby Bear.

2 comments:
I can't believe it has been 6 months already. This time really has flown by...I remember the day you came over to tell us you were being induced the next day. It would seem like yesterday only I am not 9 months pregnant and anxiously awaiting my bundle of joy.
TTFN
Wait...you were on Jeopardy? Remind me never to challenge you to a game of trivia.
I was! Fun fact...if you come over, I'll show you the pic of me and Alex Trebek together :)
And yeah, I rock it at Trivial Pursuit and the like.
Post a Comment