June 21, 2010

Monday Musings, No. 2, Vol. 14

First of all, big weekend here at the homestead. Our wedding anniversary (six years!) was on Saturday, then Father's Day on Sunday and today is the husband's 29th birthday. Sheesh...I'm referring to this phenomenon as Trifecta 2010 and it has been something else. Our next kid will have to a spring arrival to counteract our summer and winter holiday/birthday extravaganzas. Holidayed-out musings below:

First, a big congrats to my friend KKB and her husband on the birth of their new baby boy, Sam, this morning! Yeah, he shares a b-day with the husband :)
Also, Sam is becoming quite a popular babeh name lately.
We're grilling up some brats for dinner tonight and serving them on Hefeweizen buns. These buns are fabulous. If you live in the Portland area, go to New Seasons and get them.
My French cube-neighbor was really pissed about France losing in the World Cup last week. It was hilarious to listen to him...the angrier he gets, the thicker and more obnoxious his accent gets. I love it.
We have our family photos on Friday. I still haven't gotten my hair cut for them. Ugh. I need to - and maybe throw some highlights up in this...my hair is so much darker than it was before Ellie was born. Wacky hormones.
In related Ellie news: WE HAVE A TOOTH!!! Yep, it cut through last week and I was so excited. Until today, when I foolishly stuck my finger in her mouth and she chomped down on it with that sharp little tooth. Ouch.
Teething continues, as does related fussiness and napping issues. Oh well. This too shall pass.
I was told to get Baby Mum-Mums for teething but hadn't found them until I was grocery shopping at Fred Meyer yesterday. Ellie loves them! So does my sister, who wants to dip them in Nutella for a snack.
I'm getting very excited for 4th of July. We go to St. Paul every year and hang out at my BFF's sister and brother-in-law's place and wander the rodeo/carnival grounds and eat gross fatty food and people watch and drink beer and it's a good time. I think Ellie will like it, too. She's got her 4th of July gear (thank you, Carters and Fred Meyer!) all ready to go.
Still getting sucked into Farmville. Stupid, stupid, stupid me. Wanna be my neighbor on F-ville? Send me a request on FB. LOL, OMG.
The kiddo is still working on her crawling skillz. She's getting so close to full mobility. Eek.
We get our iPhones this week. I am so excited. The husband is going to our nearest AT&T store at 6am to stand in line with a bunch of other nerds. Ah, the things we do for technology.

2 comments:

Angie said...

My hair has gotten darker since the child as well. Thankfully the highlights we done last week.
I'm glad to hear Ellie has 4th of July gear too. I kinda felt like a dork buying Drew his-until now :)

Anonymous said...

Having a baby makes your hair darker?!?!?! What about my true blondness? If I get any darker I'd be considered a "mousey brown"! I can't give up what's remaining. Guess I'm adopting.