I've decided that this year is the year I will become a (semi-) disciplined blogger. My first post of this new year is something I like to call Monday Musings. Inspired by Bill Simmons' ESPN column where he occasionally posts his "Ramblings", I'm going to use my Monday posts as a catch-all for the random thoughts tumbling around in my head.
WARNING: I have a lot of random thoughts tumbling around in my head.
Without further ado, here I go:
Is curly hair worth the hassle? I think so. But I fear perms, because I had one when I was a kid and it was gross.
The cafe at work today served too much rice with my pork and squash curry.
Don't tell my husband, but I like being 'assigned' the job of painting when it comes to home repair. I seldom mess it up and it's pretty easy, compared to other home repair stuff.
When my dogs are play fighting I think how cool it would be to film them and post their antics on YouTube. I need a hobby.
Speaking of hobbies, I still need to find one that is cheap and not overly frustrating to learn.
I find myself spending about 63.7% of my days lately thinking about our planned June trip to Boston, so if that doesn't work out, I'll be really mad. Like, uber-mad.
Why didn't the umlaut appear over the "u" in "uber"? Is this RTE anti-umlaut?
If the Blazers can't get their poop grouped without Brandon Roy, they aren't nearly as good a TEAM as their management told us they were. In fact, I'd go so far as to say "THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!" right now.
The new Pepsi logo: meh. I don't understand why they change their logo every other year.
Same with the NFL logo change before this season - I wouldn't have noticed had it not been pointed out to me. What a waste of money.
The chicken, spinach, and artichoke Lean Pockets are wicked tasty.
Cashmere - even cheap cashmere from Old Navy - is fabulous. I love it.
When I buy stuff by myself at Home Depot, I get hit on EVERY time by at least one of the middle-aged dudes working there. I don't like it.
I'm almost as excited for Lost's S5 premiere as I was in the weeks leading up to us getting our doglet 4 years ago. Sick, I know.
Peyton Manning probably needs a big hug. Poor guy - Indy's D is really really bad. But the Chargers' punter is also really really good.
Something that bothers me about the Blazers' player intros: now that Rudy Fernandez is in the starting lineup, he gets introduced in Spanish. But he speaks Catalan. And Nicolas Batum, who is from France, has started every game so far this season and not ONCE has he been intro'd in French.
And finally....15 days. Get ready, America.
