January 12, 2009

Monday Musings, Vol. 1, No. 2

So...time for another edition of the Musings. I've gone back and re-read my post from last week and it's pretty random, which I guess is the point, but I hope to get better and more incisive with these as I go along. Baby steps...

Booking a flight to Boston with miles points isn't as easy as you'd think. Even when booking over SIX MONTHS in advance. But we got it done.
If the Cards-Ravens are in the "Super" Bowl I'm not gonna be pleased. I'll watch, but I won't like it.
I'm tired of Wal-Mart trying to convince me that they are awesome. I refuse to believe that mess.
Golden Globes ramblings: Renee Lemon Face, WTF was that? My girl-crush, Anne Hathaway, needed a better dress but still looked gorge. What the eff was Megan Fox even DOING there? Not enough shots of the 'Kras...come on, Getty Images, help a sister out. LOVE Kate Winslet...LOVE her.
What is a better lunch option: turkey or ham sandwich? Either way, I'm having the Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips with it.
When does the new Lupe Fiasco CD come out? I'm gettin' antsy here.
You are never too old to be thrilled with getting free foam fingers at a sporting event. Never.
I've been craving sfogliatella like crazy lately. Gah.
My new pink Cupcake Courier is so awesome. I need to get excited about making some cupcakes so that I can use it. Maybe when the kitchen floor is finished.
Latest NFL Draft rumor: the Niners will pick Michael Crabtree from Texas Tech. Um, YES please.
Even though there are times when they drive me nuts, I'm so glad we have our doglets. They're pretty awesome.
I love that Albertsons keeps carrying my favorite oatmeal (Quaker Instant Weight Control variety pack) on sale. 2 for $4 - shut up.
There is a weird heartbeat noise that plays in the background of the Pampers Swaddlers commercial that I never noticed before we got our new home theatre. The subwoofer really magnifies it. Creeps me out.
I'm excited to try my new mascara. It's the Cover Girl one that Rhianna endorses.

2 comments:

GWH said...

note on the quaker: i sometimes buy those because i love the banana bread flav... but it aggravates me that it only comes in the 'weight control' package, which is printed in HUGE letters on the packet. so, i'll be at work making my "WEIGHT CONTROL!!!" breakfast while every person in sight who struggles with their weight glares at me.
oh, and the word verification word i have to type below is 'inizate'.

Tiffiny said...

See, I just dump the oatmeal in my bowl at my desk before I go to make it in the cafe. That way, no one knows I'm eating Fat Kid Oatmeal.