First: the Blazers game. We got to the Rose Garden a touch earlier than anticipated, but that gave us time to return a cracked pint glass that I'd been lugging around to each game since Christmas. Ideally, we would have exchanged it for a new one but none of the team stores have gotten new shipments of pint glasses in since the holidays. Lame.
We got to our usual seats (Sec 329, Row E) and settled in for what we hoped would be an easy victory to end the recent homestand. Uh, no. The Blazers started off pretty sluggish, so we were feeling frustrated. And then, lo and behold, two team promo event staffers came up to our seats with a giant gift bag and told us that we had been chosen as the game's Alaska Airlines First Class Fans of the Game (or whatever it's called). Suh-weet! Free stuff AND upgraded seats to Section 114!
We follow the staffers down to the seats, which are actually first-class Alaska Airlines seats, but there is someone sitting there. Huh? Long story short, the seats had accidentally been overbooked and we couldn't sit there. No big deal - our friend Ashley was sitting in the Block Party seats (which is a really cool row in Section 122 - midcourt) and told us to come sit with them. Since we got to keep the goodie bag, which includes 4 first-class upgrades on Alaska flights, I was all about it.
We spent the rest of the game in the Block Party seats, the Blazers put together a great second half, and we walked out of there with a 113-100 victory which means...free chalupa coupons AGAIN! I have waaaaay too many chalupa coupons.

As for the remainder of the weekend, Nick started the demo of our kitchen floor. He's taking up the old vinyl flooring and backerboard so that we can install some oaky laminate flooring. The things we do to ready a house for sale...my job in all this is to come along with the Shop-Vac (which by the way, since I can't have a Dyson Pet, I have to love my Shop-Vac instead) and clean up the debris afterward. Fact: I have inhaled a LOT of dust and flooring debris and my sinuses are KILLING me today. Bad idea jeans to not wear a mask or some such thing while cleaning up. Oh well.

The kitchen floor, which has been an eyesore for the entire time we've lived here (nearly 4 years now!) is our final BIG indoor project! I never thought I'd see the day but it's coming soon. Once the floor is done we just have some small touchup/hardware updates to make to the house and then we can move to the yard. Oh our poor yard...what a mess!

No comments:
Post a Comment