January 20, 2009

Monday Musings - week off

The Musings take a backseat this week to history. I'm watching the inauguration right now and my thoughts are all jumbled. Relief, happiness, joy, fear, worry, doubt...but mostly, to borrow from our new president, I'm hopeful. Let me be clear: I know that President Obama is not a miracle worker. He is not a one-man force of nature. But he is committed to making us a better country with a brighter future.

Times are precarious and we are a nervous nation, but my hope is strong and my faith in our new president is stronger. Today is the start of a new chapter in our history, and we have the opportunity to do as our predecessors have done and make our way out of dark times into that bright future, full of promise. I'm ready to do my part. Are you?

No comments: