May 3, 2010

Monday Musings, No. 2, Vol. 9

I really don't have much to muse about today. The last week was fairly uneventful - the usual stuff with the baby getting all big and stuff, me working and trying to keep my house from falling apart, typical of a week in the life. The husband did start his new job on Friday and is in training with his group this week.

I will say that I've been battling with a very sore neck/right shoulder since last Saturday and finally went to urgent care this Saturday to get it looked at. I got quite the cocktail of drugs to help relieve the pain, but I try to just take the super-strength naproxen and leave the Vicodin and muscle relaxers to those times when the pain gets really bad. Like last night...thank goodness Ellie slept all night b/c I was OUT. The really crap thing about this muscle strain is that the nerves in the muscles are spazzing out and causing nasty pains that shoot down my arm and into my right hand. I'm supposed to refrain from lifting anything heavier than a milk jug, especially with my right side but um, no. I have a baby who just had a massive growth spurt and who happens to like being held and carried around by Momma. :)

Anywho, I'm trying to take it easy on my neck and shoulder...hopefully the muscles will heal soon.

No comments: