May 18, 2010

Monday Musings, No. 2, Vol. 10 - Tuesday version

I didn't write a blog post yesterday. I was working from home and going through the Ellie's routine with my sister, who is now living with us for the summer as the Nanny-Auntie. This is very awesome for many reasons. Mornings are a lot less stressful for one and plus, I like my sister so it's good having her around. I think Ellie likes her too. Musings are a go:

I'm packing up my office because we're getting an Extreme Makeover: Workplace Edition this summer. In the meantime, those of us who already live - er, work - on this floor are being relocated to another part of campus for the duration. I hate packing and moving, so I'm mighty cranky about all this.
I love when I find old stuff when packing, though. Like old CDs that I'd forgotten about that I really liked. In 2001.
Lost finale in less than a week. Oh God.
Baby update: according to last night's naked weigh-in, Ellie's up to FOURTEEN POUNDS! Okay, she was 11lb 3oz at her 4 month appointment five weeks ago. She's chubbed up soooo much since then. It's awesome.
Also, she's sitting up on her own for several minutes at a time and scooting (mostly in circles) nicely. Mobility is imminent.
I'm wearing a green polo and green fleece jacket today b/c I forgot that I left my black fleece in the husband's car. I look like a moron.
Getting that spring 'hair change' fever lately. I need to do something about that.
I also need to make a trek to Trader Joe's for some groceries. I haven't been there in about two months and I miss it.
I really wish spring would stick around. The rain is getting really old. REALLY old.
The husband and I are going to a nearby casino for a fun friends weekend on Saturday. We did this last year too but I was pregnant so I didn't have as much fun as I could have. This year...look out. Fun overload, you betcha.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you bring the hotness back into the green on green look. Rock it.

I looked after my psuedo nephew last weekend. At seven months old, he is an incredibly easy baby and sleeps 12 hours a night. BUUUUUUUUUT, his head is so flat from always being put on his back (bed, bouncy seat, floor, stroller, carseat, etc.). At Christmas I told his mother that he needed more tummy time but because he wasn't used to it, he would just cry. Well, fast forward five months and he still doesn't like it. AND he can't even roll over. Seriously now people. He's going to be 16 years old with a flat head and unable to move.

Ellie is awesome. And so is her mother. Start scoping out houses for me.