This week has been absolutely nuts, so I didn't have a lot of time to post. Having a new baby takes up a lot of time, in case you didn't hear. A LOT OF TIME. But I'm so happy with Miss Ellie, who isn't terribly fussy (yet) but who is terribly cute and cuddly.
I intended to post earlier this week, maybe not some Musings, but at least something about what it's like to have a kiddo. But that's kinda hard to put into words...the main thing, which is pretty obvious, is that the days are no longer yours, they belong to the baby and her needs. I spend a lot of time nursing, burping, cooing, cuddling, soothing, you name it. Whatever she needs, I'm on top of it - unless the husband gets to her first. (He can do everything but the nursing part, and believe me, at 3am there have been times when I wished upon a star that he could lactate.)
Anyway, I love being a mom. It's not always easy and there are times when I do miss my freedom, but overall, I wouldn't trade my new life for anything.

1 comment:
I love you friend.
I am going to try to call tomorrow morning. Well, that's my morning and maybe your late morning. If some strange phone number comes up on your phone and the baby is screaming and she has just pooped all over you and the dogs are barking and the husband is no where to be found...it doesn't matter -- ANSWER THE PHONE BECAUSE IT WILL BE ME!
Post a Comment