We had a follow up visit with the lactation consultant this morning and I was stressing. What if all our hard work had been for nothing? What if Ellie just wasn't gaining enough weight? What if, what if, what if?
Turns out my worrying was for naught. Ellie gained five whole ounces in only four days! The LC was very impressed and even suggested I try nursing her during our appointment to see if she would show more interest in the breast now that she's bigger. And she did! She did such a good job nursing (30ml in 10 minutes) that we no longer need to pump as long as she continues to nurse well. We are still supplementing with formula after each feeding session to make sure she gets enough nourishment while my milk supply continues to build itself back up.
We still need to make sure she eats at least 8 times a day, so I don't know if I'll get caught up on sleep, but the husband should be able to do so, which will be nice since he's going back to work soon and needs to get more than 2 hours of sleep at a time. At least I can nap during the day with the baby :)

1 comment:
Where's part III!?!
Post a Comment