November 30, 2009

Monday Musings, No. 1 Vol. 29

I am on my first full week of maternity/medical/pregnancy/whatever leave. I have been very productive today, despite the fact that I really should be just sitting on my tuchus and eating everything in the house. Okay, that last part isn't true...eating isn't very much fun when you're almost 39 weeks pregnant and your stomach has been squished to the size of a cherry tomato. I got 99 problems but a muse ain't one...

The last two days have been less than enjoyable because of pre- (or maybe just false) labor. What it feels like is having your belly all tight and hurty but nothing really happens. It just feels bad.
I can't stop reading the TMZ updates about the Tiger Woods 'accident'...and I'd like to say - and the husband can back me up here - that I KNEW the initial story was crap. Any gossip whore would have b/c the news about his alleged mistress came out the day before this 'accident'. If in fact he was skanking around, good on Elin for her tantrum. That girl does NOT play.
The Niners won this week against the semi-lowly Jaguars, which makes me happy. What doesn't make me happy is that MJD laid a fantasy stinkbomb in the game.
I still haven't put up any Christmas decorations. I think the husband would at least like to get the (fake) tree up, but I don't want to help. I hate putting that thing together.
We should know soon if the Vandals are bowl-bound...but after their last two games, I don't know if they really deserve to go. I know our regular QB has been hurt but good lord...the defense is still really, really horrible.
My copy of Le Petit Prince has gone missing, which distresses me. I've had that book since high school and now it's nowhere to be found. I wanted to read it to the baby, so she can be all fancy and hear French words early on. Maybe I should just buy a replacement and stop whining about the fact that mine is lost.
I'm still working on my birthday/Christmas wish lists. I have some items in mind, but nothing that special.
Today, I was looking through the leave paperwork that my doctor's office filled out and sent to the company that handles MY company's medical leaves of absence and inadvertently saw my most recent weight - taken last Wednesday at my 38wk appt. Ugh. I hope this kid weighs a lot or I have my work cut out for me to lose the gestation flab.

Finally, I wouldn't count on this blog for up to the minute updates of and labor and/or delivery progress. I'll be sure to post after the kidlet arrives, but I'm not committing to any timetable. It may happen while I'm still in the hospital and it may have to wait until we get home with her. But rest assured, readers, there WILL be baby news here at some point.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Hey, hope that baby shows up soon and hang in there. And yes, false and even early labor really sucks AND I don't suggest the 3 miles of walking method that we tried to bring it on...our doc took pity on us after seeing us wheezing in the parking lot and trying to dash for the bathroom while she was on lunch hour. Only then did she hook up the pitocin :) You'll do well and waiting to meet bambina sports fan!

Christy said...

Luckily for you, our doctor does not like to see women suffer. Put on your sob story and get that pitocin and epi!

carmeezie said...

A rolling pin on the belly helps, too. Start at the top and slowly roll it down. It helps push the baby down. It helps if you sprinkle some flour on it.