November 2, 2009

Monday Musings, No. 1 Vol. 25

This was a crazy weekend...we went to the ol' alma mater for Homecoming weekend (yes, they scheduled it over Halloween) and watched our home team eke out a last second victory by ONE POINT. I nearly went into labor in the stands, but it was worth it. Let's muse...

Congrats to my good buddy Charles and his NEW fiancee, Andrea! They are perfect together and I'm ridiculously happy for them.
Another Blazers home game tomorrow night, this time against the Hawks. Right now the plan is to congregate at the Widmer Gasthaus in NoPo before the game, which is great. Except that I can't drink beer...but the food there is pretty good, so I can't complain.
Thank you to the unnamed parent who left a plastic bag full of his or her kids' Halloween candy on the table by the printer at work. My pregnant ass really needs the temptation. But yeah, I dug around in there and took a small pack of red Swedish Fish and a bite-size Butterfinger. I'm weak.
I'm wearing one of my pairs of argyle socks today. I love argyle.
Just over 5 weeks until D-Day. This Saturday we have a 'baby care and breastfeeding basics' class we're taking because neither the husband nor I know a dang thing about taking care of newborns.
The Niners lost again yesterday. I realize it was to a very good Colts team, but the thing is they were winning the damn game for 3.5 quarters...gah, frustrating.
I'm wearing a ridiculous fake 'diamond' solitaire with my wedding band, because my real engagement ring is back at the jeweler's in the hometown, getting some enhancements courtesy of the husband. I feel weird without a diamond, so I decided to wear this fake-ass ring just so I don't feel so weird but now I feel weirder. Hmm.
Speaking of the husband, that lame-ass 'elimination diet' he's been on for three weeks is up tomorrow. He's going to his quack of a doctor to inform that the diet did NOT fix anything and (hopefully) that he's a shitty doctor. Well, he probably won't tell him the second thing, but I wish he would. Regardless, it'll be nice to eat normal food for dinner again.
No more travel for this girl...I'm not leaving the great Portland metro area for a good long time. Time to nest and what not.
I love Christmas as much as the next person, but what I do NOT love is seeing Christmas stuff out in the stores before Halloween is even over. Jeebus.
3 weeks of work left before my leave starts. Yesssssssss.

No comments: