November 24, 2009

Monday Musings, No. 1 Vol. 28 (Tuesday edition)

My friend Alison so kindly reminded me on Facebizzle that I didn't post any Musings yesterday, but I had already realized this while in the shower this morning. I think of a lot of stuff in the shower, which is bad, because as soon as I turn the water off, I forget most of what I thought about. And that's not a pregnancy problem, it's a Tiffiny problem. Anyway, musings are a go...

Tomorrow I will be 38 weeks pregnant with the bambina. She is officially out of room and I'm officially out of patience. She needs to decide to come out already.
Today is my last day at work! Well, until I return from my maternity leave in February. I'm giddy with excitement at this. I realize I'm not getting a 12-week vacation, but at least I get some time away from worky work, which I desperately need after the year I've had.
Dear Steve Blake, you suck.
My birthday is in just over three weeks, but I really don't know what I want (I mean, if the kiddo's still inside of my body, I want her OUT as a gift) this year. And let's face it, it's not like turning 29 is anything awesome. Just another year closer to the dreaded 3-0.
The husband and I have established a Shutterfly account for baby photos and the like. If you have my email address and would like to be included on the account to view photos, send me a note and I'll add you post haste.
Maddie and Boris have decided that they don't have to listen to me anymore. This is very frustrating.
The new work laptop has been a DREAM this past week. I didn't realize just how truly awful and slow my old one was. I guess it's like getting an HDTV after never having one before...you can never go back to enjoying regular DTV.
I've been cataloging all the stuff in my cubicle to determine what I feel safe leaving out for three months (office supplies, phone headset) and what I don't (complete set of Blazer bobbleheads, I Heart Jim mug, personal photos). I'm locking all the 'Do Not Leave Out' stuff in a cabinet before I leave today...just in case.
I really like apple butter.
And finally, Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I have a lot to be thankful for this year, and I hope all my readers do as well. And to Dad...I'm always thankful for you and I miss you oodles and love you gobs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally, all is right in the world...even if this is a Wednesday musing for me. Congratulations on your last day of work for three months -- I'm totally jealous. What I am not jealous of is that you have to push a baby out of you in a few weeks. Good luck with that. And be sure to contact me as soon as Jermajesty arrives! In the meantime, have a great Thanksgiving and enjoy a bit of downtime before your life changes FOREVER!!! Hugs and kiss to M & B -- Yogi misses of them and speak of them often!

carmeezie said...

are you popping that thing out or what?

Tiffiny said...

Danny, I'm told by my so-called "doctor" with her fancy "medical degree" that eventually all babies do come out of their mother's bodies. But I don't know about that...she might be a quack.