June 8, 2009

Monday Musings, No. 1, Vol. 14

I usually find that writing out the Musings helps me with the Monday Crabbies. I'm one of those people who wakes up on a Monday and decides, before I am even fully awake, that it's bound to be a crappy day...just because it's a Monday. And today hasn't let me down; it's been a crappy Monday. I'm gonna get my muse on now, before I just give up on today...

Lately (meaning the last few days or so), I've developed a lack of appetite. This is a problem because I have to eat in order to properly grow the fetus. It's not that I don't get hungry, but when I try to decide what to eat, nothing sounds good. I also have 'food cost anxiety,' which is probably an issue best left between me and my imaginary therapist. But it's a very real and rather weird problem.
The new season of Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List starts tonight. I'm tres excited...I love her show.
We take off soon for our vacation. Which is fantastic, because I need a vacation. I really haven't had one since we went to Italy for two weeks last spring. I guess you could count the week I took off of work after my dad died, but I don't.
Moving party on June 27th. RSVP if you want to relocate our belongings with us. Pizza and beer and other beverages will be provided.
This week, the fetus is the size of a lemon (or a small peach, depending on which source you consult) and making me feel really fat around the middle. It's weird - I've gained around 3lbs but it's all in my waist so far. I guess that's good, but I'm not showing, so I just look bloated all the time. Pretty.
I miss beer. More than I thought I would at this point.
I really want to see The Hangover. I've heard it's as hilarious as I hoped it would be.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark your calendar. Yogi and I MIGHT be in Portland from the 5 to the 12th of September. Yes, we will be spending time with you. Yes, we will be eating lots. And yes, we will shopping for your baby!!!!

Tiffiny said...

Really? But you said "might"...does that mean I should pencil you in, or can I at least use an erasable pen (if they even make those anymore)?

Anonymous said...

Erasable pen please -- preferably in that totally unnatural blue color. Yes, tickets have yet to be purchased, but we are indeed planning on coming if everything falls in to place. Soooo....get ready for some old-fashioned fun!

Tiffiny said...

Done and done then. I am so excited! You are OF COURSE welcome to crash at the new house, you know.

carmeezie said...

Explain 'food cost anxiety'.

Tiffiny said...

Only if you let me do so as a hilarious guest column on your site, Danny.