I intended to do a musings post yesterday, but since it was a holiday Monday, I didn't get around to it. Plus, life around the ol' household has been cuh-razy lately. Of course, the pregnancy is still kinda kicking my butt. I hit the 12 week mark tomorrow (according to the last preggo calculator I looked at) which means that by NEXT Wednesday, I should officially be onto Trimester Deux, and - hopefully - feeling better. The fatigue is really getting to me, especially with work and house stuff being so overwhelming for the past several weeks.
Alright, so first the house stuff. We listed our house on May 2nd and it sold two weeks later. Which, in this market, is pretty insane. So then we were scrambling to find the right house, and luckily, we found it pretty quickly, made an offer last Friday, and came to an agreement with the builder/seller (oh yes, we got a NEW house!) on Sunday. Today we got the loan approval from the bank, so all systems are go. Plus, this week we're scheduled to have the buyers' inspection on our current house this week AND the inspection for our new place too. Whew...
Work has been super-busy too. I've been assigned to a pretty big project with NO time to do it. Yay! Corporate America is the best! It's been quite a brain-drain, I gotta say. It's been a good challenge, but my brain doesn't really need a challenge right now beyond the whole pregnancy dealio. I'll be glad when vacation rolls around in a few weeks because I definitely need it.
So let's see: new house, upcoming vacation/brother-in-law's wedding, growing the baby, moving into new house, etc...June is gonna be a busy month. But busy for good reasons, so I can't really complain too much.

4 comments:
house sold in 2 weeks. ANGER.
I'm reading the Columbine book. I know all the places and some of the people. Surreal.
I think you should write a post about the book, Danny. As an 'insider' of sorts.
And yeah...2 weeks. I almost feel guilty about it.
You should feel guilty. You suck :)
maybe I will do that when I finish it.
I was thinking If I get laid off I could do a 'Columbine Tour' to tourists. I wonder if people would be offended. I should post that, too.
Post a Comment