May 4, 2009

Monday Musings, No. 1. Vol. 11

Now that the basketball season is over (well, for us Blazers fans it is), I have a lot more free time on my hands. Oh wait...no, I do NOT, because now we are in full house-selling mode. Allegedly, homes in our area, in our asking price range, are selling in 30-45 days on average. Holy crap. If we sell our house in a month, we are scuh-rewwwwed. I mean, yes, it would be nice to sell it and be done living in a goddamn showcase - which I'm already tired of, three days in - but we don't exactly have our next dwelling selected yet. Oh well, let's muse...

Time to put the Blazers gear away for the summer. 25 weeks until the 2009-2010 season kicks off. Booyah.
I found the itinerary for our high school reunion today. Feel free to check this site out: www.lewiston1999.com. Note that for the dinner, which they are asking us to shell out $75/couple for crappy Lewiston hotel food, there are NO free adult beverages. Come on. I emailed the reunion chairperson about this, because frankly, that's a shitty idea.
Speaking of, I am really excited for summer to arrive. I normally like May, but so far the weather's been all jank here.
I like drinking earl grey tea at work sometimes, because after I throw away the teabag (heh heh, I said 'teabag'), it makes my office smell good all day. Like a classy English teahouse.
I love Cheez-Its.
Tonight is a new Gossip Girl and I'm excited. But not as excited as I am for the prom episode next week. I'm a dork.
Maddie and Boris are NOT pleased about living in a staged house either. They don't get to lay on the couch anymore.
I'm still worried about the fancy warranty we bought for my Pontiac SUV. I hope they still honor it, since I've got about 5 years left on the thing.
When Sergio and Channing leave, I'll probably have to box up their bobbleheads, which is gonna be a sad day. I don't have a Travis Outlaw bobble...which is just as well.
People are snippy at ye olde workplace today. I've heard more bitching since lunch than I usually here in a whole week. Yikes.
Just over a month until our Boston trip. I've been researching stuff that's within walking distance of our hotel, and realized almost everything in Boston proper IS within walking distance. I think this is gonna be a good trip.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Make sure you check out Niketown Boston, friend. It's rad. It's on Newberry street.

Anonymous said...

Just checked out the reunion site...it's so.....Lewiston. Don't get me wrong, I love my hometown but a social at Barleyhoppers???? I guess there aren't that many options in Lewiston. Still don't know if I will be going. Our friends are getting married here in NZ on August 15th which means that Yogi won't go to my reunion. If I go by myself, will I look like a loooooooser? And is it worth coming all the way from NZ for it? We would do our normal trip home stuff too -- Seattle, Cabo, etc....but is the reunion worth planning my whole trip around? Please give advice.

Tiffiny said...

My advice is you have to come to the reunion. And don't worry about coming alone...just record Yogi's awesome accent onto your phone and if some doucher gives you a hard time about being 'alone', play it. You win!

I emailed Reionda about this 'no drinks included' with dinner crap. I mean, come on! $75/couple and NO free drinks? That's insane. Also, as you point out, it's a LEWISTON reunion. People need their booze.

carmeezie said...

We take our condo off the market tomorrow. That will makeit 13 months of living in a showcase. lame-o. good luck to you guys.

I didn't go to my 10 year reunion. It was 6 years ago. yikes.

You really need to get on the Thuggets bandwagon, and your little christy too.