March 2, 2009

Monday Musings, Vol. 1, No. 6

I've spent most of my time since last Tuesday in a Jeopardy-induced haze, so the musings may not be a sharp as they usually are. Oh, who am I kidding? You and I both know this regular feature of my blog is hazy too. Let's venture into the mystic together, shall we?

Coming up with 5 (and more!) interesting 'one-liners' about yourself that are appropriate for sharing with a national TV audience is not easy. Especially if you are boring, like me.
The next time a stray cat comes into my yard, I'm chucking rocks - big ones - at its head. I'm TIRED of strays using my yard as their personal fight club and/or toilette.
Wanna buy a house? Relatively cheap? Let me know. We're listing ours in month or two.
I like Channing Frye. I think he's funny, self-aware, and intelligent. I realize those aren't the three most important characteristics of an NBA player, but I don't care. He's rad.
I can't get over my fear of being filmed in HD. If I have a zit during Jeopardy! it is going to drive me batcrap crazy.
My order of contact lenses are at the optician's office. However, said optician's office is only open Mon-Fri, 8:30am-5pm and closed from 12-1pm for lunch. Soooo...when am I supposed to go and pick them up?
I love our new desk for the home office. Of course, after using Nick's old ratty college desk for the last 5 years, anything's an improvement.
I'm going to the gym today after work. This is the first workout day since my dad died. I never thought I'd look forward to going to the gym, but today I am.
T-minus 15 days until St. Patty's. Get ready.
Okay, I get it: the digital TV conversion was supposed to happen last month, so a bunch of shows decided to go on hiatus during that time. Well, the conversion got pushed to this summer, so why didn't the networks start showing new episodes instead of taking weeks off? If I don't get a new Gossip Girl soon, I'ma lose it.
Does anyone have tips for finding cheap flights from PDX-LAX? Searching for reasonable non-stop fares is like trying to find the proverbial needle in the proverbial haystack.
I love Will Ferrell. And thank you NBC for showing his "Best of" SNL episode last night.
Blazers are 5th in the West. It's go time.

No comments: