February 27, 2009

This person is going to be a Jeopardy! contestant


Who is...me?!?!?

Yes, 'tis true. I'm fulfilling one of my childhood dreams (probably the only one I will ever fulfill, but who knows) and getting the chance to compete on Jeopardy! next month. My taping dates are March 24-25 in LA, but I don't yet know when my show(s) will air.

This all started last year when I took the online contestant test - on a whim, thanks to my former co-worker Adrea, who suggested I do it - in January. I received an email from the Jeopardy! team informing me that I scored high enough on the test to merit a spot at the in-person auditions being held in Portland that March. So I show up to the auditions, pretty freakin' nervous, wondering how many of the 19 of us would actually get a coveted spot in the contestant pool. Turns out, all of us at that point were 'in'...for the next 18 months. However, the producers made it clear that just being in the pool was not a guarantee of actually getting on the show.

Fast forward to nearly 11 months later, and I figure that I'm not going to get my chance. I haven't been actively studying or testing myself at home against actual contestants on the show...I am as unprepared as can be. But let me tell you: I'm making up for lost time now! Cram sessions with friends, scoring myself against the contestants on the show, tracking my hypothetical wins/losses - all of it in the hopes that I will be successful in my quest to be a Jeopardy! champ.

Stay tuned to find out how it all goes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, that's awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it. I'm can't believe that I have a friend who will be on jeopardy!!!!!