February 4, 2009

2009 Book List...So Far

So, I was at B&N with the husband on Sunday, which is always dicey. See, me in a bookstore is like Carrie Bradshaw at the Manolo boutique. Nothing economically sensible will come of it. However, I refrained from buying any books because I decided I'd rather purchase them for my Amazon Kindle reader.

Instead, I decided to make a list of the books I saw that I really want to read. Unfortunately, per usual, there was neither pen nor paper in my purse. I decided to go the 21st-century route and take photos of each book cover with my camera phone, and use said images to compile my list. I didn't graduate magna cum laude for nothing.

In some semblance of order, the book list goes a little somethin' like this:

NOTE: I decided to give each book a rating of 1-5 stars. You guess which is the high end.
The Year of Living Biblically by AJ Jacobs - 4 stars
The Nasty Bits by Anthony Bourdain
I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell by Tucker Max

Under The Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer
A Whole New Mind by Daniel Pink
The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
A Three Dog Life by Abagail Thomas
The Fate of Africa by Martin Meredith
Deluxe by Dana Thomas

Hopefully, I will get to purchase and read all of these books in short order. They're all in paperback, so that SHOULD make the Kindle price lowish.

No comments: