No real Musings again this week. My Muse-dar is on the fritz, I guess. But I do have some updates for you lovely readers:
1. Ellie is a BEAST these days. The Teething Demons have gotten a hold of her again, but this time it's bad. I hope that means we will see some teeth this round. Otherwise, I may cut her gums open my damn self. I hate teething. Probably not as much as Ellie does, but still.
2. My sister and stepmom are coming over for a visit this weekend! We are planning a weekend chock full o' fun - assuming El's 2nd flu shot doesn't kick her wee arse like the first one did. I really want to go to a pumpkin patch, and with the husband's travel schedule, this is the only weekend this month we can do it. Fingers crossed.
3. Ellie had her first swimming lesson last Saturday and did AWESOME! The husband was in charge of her in the water and he did a great job. Out of the 7 babies in her class, all of them were with their daddies. Pretty nifty, if you ask me. Ellie's a natural in the water, she just loves it. I hope this continues, since I love to swim too.
4. Our friends C and A are getting married on Saturday night (which is extra awesome b/c we have free babysitting courtesy of Grandma and the Nanny-Auntie!) and I'm so excited for them! And to get dressed up and have a fun night with the husband. Grown up time!
5. The Blazers' preseason games kick off tonight but Ellie and I are staying home. With her beset by demons, I didn't think it would be a good idea to haul her all the way to the Rose Garden and deal with a very-likely cranky and tired wee one there. So we'll hang out at home and I can watch last night's episode of Gossip Girl.
6. I leave for four days of work travel on Monday...to scenic suburban Sacto. Oh yes, don't be jealous. I'm not at all excited about this because a) I can't bear to be away from my Bear that long and b) the suburbs of Sacramento are...not...fun. I do get to go to bed whenever I want though...and that is awesome. I can go to bed at 7pm if I want to! So I've got that going for me.
7. The Niners are killing my soul. For realsies. I cannot bear this trainwreck of a season for much longer. At least the Vandies are doing well, but otherwise, gah. Football is making me teh crazee.

No comments:
Post a Comment