Dude. So, the husband left for Israel again (work trip, again) on Friday morning. I am officially On My Own with Ellie and I'm really tired. I love my child, but being a single parent is hard! Especially when one is not used to it. Mommied-out Musings below:
Coming to work today feels like a vacation. That's messed up.
On the other hand, Ellie's been a trooper for me. No real fits or whinefests. She did get pissy last night when we were at church b/c I was helping with our Youth Group and she was with a sitter - her usual sitter, but in a different place - and would randomly start fussing and crying for me.
I am in my new office today and it's cool. I mean, the guy across the hall could be a SMIDGEN quieter, but overall, I like it. No more gray-on-gray-on-gray at the Nerd Farm.
My football hiatus is going well. And apparently it's working, because the Niners won this week...against the gross Raiders, but a win's a win. So yeah.
I think I need to see a chiro about my back/neck pain. But I'm scared b/c I'm a baby about getting my neck and back popped. I fear paralysis, seriously.
The flight back from Folsom last week went well. Flights, actually. I wasn't late for either of them.
Tonight after Ellie goes to bed, I am watching the season finale of Mad Men on the DVR. I am very excited but also sad...why do the good shows have to have fewer episodes? Quality > Quantity, I suppose.
Ellie's cruising all over now. I think she'll start walking before her first birthday. She refuses to let anyone 'help' her practice standing or walking...it's actually hilarious how mad she gets. She'll stomp her wee feet and yell at you until you let her go and she sits down, then crawls over to the nearest table/chair/whatever and pulls herself up and goes.
Target has really cute winter coats for $20 this week. I got one for Ellie and I love it! It's a 4-in-1 system so we can get a lot of use out of "one" coat.
I ate a Lean Cuisine chicken enchilada suiza for lunch. I like it, but it makes me all burpy and heartburny for some reason. Blech.
We have this fancy Starbucks coffee dispensing contraption in our new office kitchen space. I am half-afraid to try it. What if scalding hot coffee spills all over me and I have to be in a burn unit for weeks? I'm paranoid.
Ellie is rocking a bit of a bullet (baby mullet) right now. It's so cutely white trash.

1 comment:
You are funny. And I am glad you're my friend.
Post a Comment