September 28, 2010

Dragalicious


I didn't do a Musings post yesterday, just didn't feel like it. And today I have something more important to discuss, fair reader. My inner drag queen. Oh yeah, she's fierce, fabulous and LOVES sparkles. I realized that I have an IDQ the other day...I was looking at shoes online and I immediately gravitated to the photos of the sparkly, flashy, nearly-impossible-to-walk-in ones first. And it hit me: I am a drag queen at heart.

If I could, I would dress like Joan on Mad Men all the time, but with a draggy twist. Sparkly shoes, bigger hair, you know the drill. But I don't have the money or time to invest in said style, so I dress very plainly and wear Chuck Taylors most of the time. But inside....lawd, inside my heart bursts with joy at a nicely teased and sprayed bouffant, sparkly 5.5-inch platform heels, and a form-fitting retro dress with cap sleeves. Honestly, I have no idea what this says about me. I figure it's good to have an alter ego, even if it is super dragalicious.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

I am so with you sister.