September 20, 2010

Monday Musings, No. 2, Vol. 21

It's a post-vacation Monday and I'm swamped with work. But I need a short break, so I thought I'd post some Musings. We spent Thursday thru Sunday in Spokane, WA, visiting the husband's family. It was a good trip b/c we got to meet our baby niece for the first time...I had forgotten how tiny 2 month old babies are! And how snuggly, and sweet, and just plain wonderful. It almost made me want another one now...but then Ellie would start shouting for no reason, or fall down and bonk her noggin, or some such thing and snap me out of it. She's such a helpful baby. Musings are a go:

New trick alert!! Nose picking is now a 'skill' mastered by the little lady. Very ladylike, indeed, especially when she offers her boogery finger to you as a snack. Um, thanks, but no.
And yes, we are working on the concept of sharing. Which is definitely a work in progress and probably will be for a long time. Ellie's like her momma, and doesn't share well with others.
I am addicted to the Mad Men cocktail-mixing game on my iPhone.
The Vandals are 2-1 after a resounding win over UNLV in the Dome on Saturday night! I wish we could have gone...we were so close! Only 1.5 hours away!
Ellie now has a Halloween costume: she will be a giraffe. The husband found it at Old Navy and we had to get it. She's the cutest giraffe you've ever seen.
I need a vacation from my vacation. I'm so tired today.
The Niners are playing the Saints tonight. I want to be excited and think happy thoughts of a Niners' upset victory but I can't. I'm too much of a realist.
I think it's funny how people romanticize the idea of owning an old house. And then they get to see one for themselves and recoil at the work it takes to bring it up to snuff. Having grown up in an old house, yeah, I find it funny. It's also why I live in a brand-new house. I don't need that much work.
It's apple season! I love Fall food.
Speaking of Fall, I suppose now that we have a kid we have to do the whole pumpkin patch thing and carve a jack-o-lantern this year. Of course, she won't remember it at all, but we need the photo op. Parenting!
I rode in the backseat with Ellie on our way to and from Spokane (when I wasn't driving on the return trip...the husband got sick the night before we left so I had to help with driving duties). It is a good way to pass the time. Keeping her entertained also keeps me entertained.
Blazers preseason games start up in about two weeks. Where does the time go, seriously??
I keep finding stuff I "need" in the PB catalogs that come to my house every other day. This is a problem. But their blue smoke velvet curtains are just so divine, dammit. I NEED THEM.
I got the paper I need to make Ellie's b-day invites over the weekend too. We're going with a snowflake "theme" and an ivory/light blue color palette.
Pilates is working. I can feel my abs getting stronger all the time. Even my butt is firmer. Aren't you glad you know that about me?

No comments: