I am sitting in my hotel room in Folsom, CA and missing my baby. Oh, and my husband too. :) I am here for work training through Thursday night and it sucks! No offense, but Folsom isn't really that interesting, nor do I know where to find anything cool to do. (I did locate an In-N-Out, so I've got that going for me.)
I nearly missed my flight this morning. Quick note: the company where I work has a fleet of small planes to ferry us worker bees among our 4 major US sites, and they fly out of a small airport about 5 mins from my house. Which is AWESOME on a regular day and EXTRA SUPER EFFING AMAZING AWESOME on a day when I set my alarm wrong and didn't wake up until 7 minutes before check in started. After throwing my hair up in a messy ponytail, brushing my teeth, smearing on deodorant, and getting dressed/throwing toiletries into my suitcase, I got out of the house at 5:25am. When check in started. I made it to the airport and got checked in with about 6 minutes to spare before check in closed for the flight.
So...yeah, flight went well, and I got to Folsom on time. Since my training didn't start until 9:30am, I was able to come to my hotel and get an early check-in so that I could shower and stop being gross. That was pretty rad, I think my classmates today would agree. Class went well, I came back to the hotel, finished getting settled in, and got to talk to the husband and babeh (yay for iPhone 4 and FaceTime!) for a bit before grabbing a gourmet meal at the Taco Bell that is just across the parking lot from my room.
One quick football-related musing: I need to take a break from the NFL. The Niners are 0-5 and my FF team isn't doing much better. I will check my lineups to ensure it is full (meaning: no players on bye or injured in my starting lineup) and that is it. No checking the scores of either a)Niner games or b) my FF matchup. I am not on anxiety meds, and if I don't want to be, I have to take this break before I lose it. I realize I shouldn't be so invested in this, especially since there really isn't any of my money involved, but dang.
Oh, one more: I saw the photos of "Mini Favre" on deadspin.com. Um...not that impressive, asshat. Keep that in your pants, where it belongs.

3 comments:
uhmmm... link me that deadspin page? i'm curious. haha!
Are you near Sacramento? I hate going there for work. There is nothing to do in that damn town and the people act like it's the west wing.
Yep, right outside of Sacto. The only good things are that I found an In-N-Out here and a rad little cupcake shop. Otherwise...meh.
Post a Comment