It's a rainy Monday here in the greater Portland metro area. Boo. The rain and cool temps remind me that fall is just right around the corner and I'm not ready to let go of the sunshine and warmth of summer. Pitter-pattering musings below:
Football starts this week. We had our FFL draft last Thursday and I got a decent team for the season. I mean, it'll change as dudes get hurt and I get bored, but I'll be okay to start. Oh, my team name this year: "I've Got A Tim Tebow-ner"...I love puns.
Our new feeding technique, aka staggering, is working so well right now! Ellie hardly barfed at all this weekend. Sure, it's a little tedious to feed her solids and then wait an hour before giving her a bottle, but it's cutting down on her spitting so much and she seems happier too.
I am excited for my extra-long Labor Day weekend next week.
So, I've been doing Pilates at the work gym and it kicks my butt. But I do like it.
I have decided on a color scheme for Ellie's 1st birthday. Why so soon? Because I think I'ma end up making the invites, decor, etc myself. I know, that's crazy. But see...this is likely the ONLY birthday where I can control the theme. Going forward it'll be all cartoons and crap of Ellie's choosing. So I'm doing the party the way I want to do it this year. Boom.
I need a nap. Scratch that - I need a Nap Day, where I can just sleep off and on all day long. That is my fantasy.
Sometimes I get a little bit of paranoia that I'm pregnant again. I know I'm not, but I still worry. I never did before I had a baby, but now that I have, I worry about it.
Our salad bar at work is awesome, but I can't stomach (PUN!) paying $3.50 a day for nommy salad. Why does it have to cost that much?
We are caught up on this season of Entourage as of last night. It's really good this year.
I haven't heard the new Kanye and the All-Stars single, Monster, yet. But I need to...Kanye himself said it's amazing. So it must be, right?

4 comments:
$3.50 for a salad?!?!? Girl, you should come in live in Hobbit world. Salads here will cost you about $10 and that's at a fast food joint!
I think you can dictate Ellie's birthday theme's for at least the next five years. No cartoon characters will EVER be allowed as a theme in my house. No partying with them, sleeping with them, or wearing them. And that is final. Who cares about giving kids choices? I figure if I create them, give birth to them, and then have to take care of them, I get to decide what their "theme" is for the rest of their life!
And that's that.
I wish it were that simple. I have a child who is already quite bull-headed (who knows where she got that trait...haha) so I know it'll be a battle.
We do not watch cartoons in our house though. Ellie prefers the news, Top Chef, and Project Runway.
Nice. She is gonna demand a "Gourmet and Glamour" themed B-day at age 2 and suggest you invite Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn as special guests.
Lacey, I might just demand that for MY birthday! I mean, I am turning 30... :)
Post a Comment