August 9, 2010

Monday Musings, No. 2, Vol. 18

Happy Monday everyone! Today is a milestone day in our house...Ellie is officially 2/3 of the way through her first year of life :) That's right, we now have an 8 month old little lady on our hands. I use the term "lady" loosely, however, because she's quite the pistol and isn't overly concerned with being remotely ladylike. Ah, to be a baby. Musings commence:

Along with reaching 8mos of age, Ellie is now full-on crawling. Yep, our lives are never gonna be the same. The husband put cabinet latches on all the low kitchen cabinets and we are shutting off the doors to our office and 1/2 bath downstairs. Outlet covers were installed weeks ago when the scooting/rolling commenced.
We need to order the photos from our 6mo shoot tonight. At least that way our Christmas shopping is done for just about everyone on our list.
Big news on the work front. I have an interview for a great job (still at the same company...same group, actually) this week so fingers and toes are crossed. I need a change of pace!
Ellie being 4 months away from her 1st birthday reminded me that I'll be 30 in 4 months. Oh gads. That sounds so old.
I discovered this weekend that there is a good, always sunny spot to plant roses in our backyard. So I'll be working on that.
Kanye West is the best tweeter in the universe. #predictingkanyetweets
I have an obsession with picture frames. I would own a thousand of them if the husband would allow it.
Madden '11 is released tomorrow. Oh no.
But, I also have a 90min massage scheduled for tomorrow evening, thanks to the husband. He's the best.
Last week, I wanted a Blizzard. This week I want a blackberry shake from Burgerville. Damn.
The gym at work opens in two weeks...time to shape up, no excuses.
I think my fantasy football draft is in a couple of weeks. I should check with the Commish (aka the husband) about that. I have the first pick!
Hard to believe summer is almost gone. This time of year I tend to overlisten to Dashboard's "Dusk and Summer" CD because I'm lame like that.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

oh no about Madden is right. Sigh. How about releasing it every three years instead. I always get the songs from the soundtrack in my head.