For this momma to go back to work. My leave is officially over next week and I start back to work on Wednesday. It'll definitely be strange (not just leaving Ellie at daycare and getting into a regular routine again, but my group was recently "re-orged" so I have THAT to look forward to...or not) and I'm on the fence about how I feel. I do look forward to grownup conversations and a scheduled day but of course, I will miss my lazy mornings with Ellie and spending my days playing with her. Thankfully, the little lady's daycare is a 10 minute walk from my office, so I can head over there during lunch or between meetings and visit her during the day. Also, she had a great time at her trial run on Tuesday - I took her there for a 7-hour day - so that helps me feel more confident about our choice.
As for Miss Thing, she's growing every day I think. Not just physically, but mentally and emotionally. I can't believe how expressive her face is and how her eyes light up with recognition when she sees me, or her daddy, or a favorite object. She's stopped trying to flip over from tummy to back and is now practicing 'creeping' skills on her tummy. Is it possible for a three-month-old to crawl? Because this one just might be there soon...when she's actually three months old. At 10 weeks, I don't think she'll figure out how to really move just yet. Her smiles and giggles and coos are heart-meltingly adorable and I love our little 'conversations' we have throughout the day. Ellie still loves bathtime and continues to do well sleeping in her crib (last night's issues notwithstanding, of course).
That's about all the updates from here...oh, she also survived her first big roadtrip last weekend to Spokane to see her grandparents and other relatives. It wasn't always easy with her being in a new place, with new people, but she did pretty well considering all that change.

1 comment:
Fantastic blog. Looking forward for more posts like this.
Post a Comment