February 24, 2010

First Days

Today marks a couple of momentous Firsts for the ladies of the household: Ellie's First Official Day at Daycare and Mommy's First Official Day Back at Work.

Dropping Ellie off this morning was bittersweet. She was sleepy and a little unsure of where she was, but after getting her baby Zantac down her hatch, she woke up and started looking around at her new surroundings. And as I was leaving, I saw her playing and smiling with Miss Tanya, the infant 'teacher', so that helped me feel better about getting back into the car and heading off to work. I know she'll have a great day, but it's still tough not being with her. I'm her mama after all!

As for work, I'm already in my first meeting and wading through emails...so pretty much like a typical day. :) I need to reinstall some job-specific apps and get myself back into the swing of things, but luckily today there is a two hour 'fun event' for my group after lunch so that should help my first day be less stressful. After work, I'm heading to the gym for the first time in um, FOREVER, and the husband will get Ellie from daycare and get her settled back in at home.

No comments: