March 1, 2010

Monday Musings, No. 2, Vol. 1

The Musings are back! I figured since I'm back to a semi-regular schedule, I should return to this weekly installment on my blog. If nothing else, the Musings jog my brain into gear when I'm having a slow day...and as a new mom, those days seem to be more commonplace than I would like.

I do not like hockey, but I was glued to the USA-Canada gold medal game yesterday. Riveting television. Also, effing Canadians.
My new haircut is nice. It's basically what it was before I got pregnant, but it's nice to have it back to normal and not so long and annoying. I hate having long hair.
St. Paddy's Day is just around the corner! Black and Tans...goooood.
I'm very curious to see how The Office's JAM baby episode will turn out...and what the name of Baby Halpert will be.
The husband and I decided to try giving Ellie a lactose-free (yet still milk-based) formula once her regular stuff is gone. We need to see if a simple change like that will help reduce her gassy/spitupy/fussy problems. I hope so.
Mmm...Diet Dr Pepper. The fountain mix here at work is exceptionally good, too.
I need to order Ellie's ear protectors for Blazer games today. I don't want her to go deaf before the age of 1, after all.
The gym has been kicking my butt since I went back last week, but that's good. I still have 8lbs of pregnancy weight to lose...and to re-tone my body too.
The new work schedule started today. For the month of March, I'm working Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. In April, I add Friday, and by May I'll be back full-time. I'm lucky to work for a company that has such a program in place for new moms and a supportive manager who okayed the schedule.
Right now, the Blazers are the #8 seed for the NBA playoffs, which means they get the Lakers in the first round. Which means they wouldn't get OUT of the first round, but the games at the Rose Garden would be certifiably NUTS.
The babe will be 12 weeks old on Wednesday, which marks the end of the '4th trimester' (aka the newborn phase). I'm very excited about this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the muse. And that's so cool that you get to go back to work in increments. I hope that once I have children, I don't have to go back to work at all. Not to spend all my time with my children though. Solely because I DON'T LIKE WORKING. I will volunteer and give back to the world, etc. Yogi tells me that I better start earning more money now if I expect that plan to work later on. Isn't that the boy's job? To bring home the bacon???

Tiffiny said...

Indeed. Do they call it bacon in Kiwiland? Maybe you need to use a different food item to really have it hit home with him. :)