Today Ellie is 8 weeks old - I can't say much has changed since last week. She's still having tummy issues (mostly of the 'only pooing every few days' variety), and we're plodding along until she outgrows it, per the doctor. I am giving her white grape juice to help her move things out of her belly, but it's not a perfect solution - plus the combo of formula and WHG makes for some pretty gnarly spit up. Blech.
But the little lady is definitely growing up - she's less inclined to sleep during the day (or at night, I don't know where she gets this energy) because she'd rather play or take in her surroundings. She's smiling and laughing and chattering more and more often, which is adorable, except that she's very good at overstimulating herself when she plays and will go from happy baby to crying "I've had enough!" baby in the blink of an eye. Luckily, I've gotten good at calming her down - most of the time.
Of course, being a mom isn't easy...and Ellie's not the easiest baby in the world either. She's almost TOO interested in the world around her and can get quite frustrated at her lack of ability to fully engage with it. I think once she's got more control of her body, she'll be a lot happier and enjoy playtime more. I also struggle with sleep deprivation and the First Time Mommy Worries, which combine to stress me out quite a bit. Plus, I'm not nearly as much of a 'natural' as most women seem to be when it comes to motherhood...or maybe it just seems that way to me.
I watched Lost over lunch today and am still trying to get my brain unwound from that. Holy cow...just when they answer one question, they raise 10 more in its place. But that's why I'm hooked on it - I love the mysteries and the speculation about what is really going on with that show.

No comments:
Post a Comment