January 26, 2010

Updates heading into Week 7

Ellie hits the 7-week mark tomorrow...and I only have three weeks left of my leave from work. I can hardly believe that we have gotten to this point already. A few short updates since last week:

The bambina is on a new formula AGAIN...now we are a Similac Advance household. Constipation doesn't make for a happy baby OR happy parents, so when the doc told us yesterday to switch to this new stuff, we did so gladly (even though 'name-brand' formula is soooo expensive...dang kiddo). Ellie rewarded our efforts with a nice normal poo this morning so I'm happy about that. Of course, with our track record, we'll may have to switch formulas again next week so stay tuned...

According to the home scale this morning, the little miss is a whopping 8.8 pounds. I don't know much 0.8 of a pound is exactly (I guess around 12oz?) but even so, she's showing more good growth. I have a feeling her newborn clothes will be a thing of the past soon enough...she's already graduating from her newborn diapers to the size 1s!

As for life in general, it's pretty good. I continue to get interrupted sleep at night, but I'm dealing with it. For someone who loooooooves her some sleep, that's definitely been a hard transition, but I'm handling it okay I think. Just in time for Ellie to reach that phase where she's able to sleep through the night, of course :) So far, her longest stretch is 5.5 hours, so we're making progress on that front, but it's almost time to transition her to her crib so I think a little backsliding will be in order.

We have a busy February and March planned - heading to Spokane over Valentines/Presidents' Day weekend for a family visit and one the first weekend of March to my hometown to see the fam there. I hope Ellie does well...she's a great car baby, but we haven't had to drive more than an hour at a stretch with her yet. I'm sure a few stops for food and snuggles will be in order, but that's okay by me.

For those of you that are my FB buddies or who have access to our Shutterfly site, I know there haven't been new photos posted in over a week, but we'll get there. We got a Nikon D3000 DSLR a week and a half ago and are working on the file sizes for uploading. Also, I've been lazy about doing it :)

No comments: