Yep, I made it to that 'magical' six-week mark of new parentness without losing my mind completely. Partially, yes, but that's to be expected. The husband and I have definitely had our shares of parenting ups and downs but overall, we have been very fortunate to have such a bright, happy, strong, and beautiful baby girl.
The last week has been quite eventful with respect to Ellie's development. She is taking so much more of an interest in her surroundings and even has some 'favorite' objects she delights in looking at - namely, the ceiling fan in the living room and the wooden letters that spell out "Elliot" on the wall above her changing table. She will stare and babble at them forever if I'd let her, I swear. It's adorable...she even smiles at the letters. Maybe she's a budding narcissist?
Ellie has also grown a lot. According to our home scale, as of yesterday, she's over 8lbs already. And I can tell she's getting longer too because her newborn sleepers are starting to get a little short on her. It's so gratifying to see her thriving now after all the weight issues we had early on...it makes me even more glad that we gave up nursing for formula when we did. While nursing was MY ideal feeding option, it wasn't working for HER and thankfully, we made a decision based on what was best for our baby and it's been a good one. We do deal with a fair amount of gassiness and poo-passing issues, but we switched to the generic version of Enfamil Gentlease formula today to help with that, and it seems to be working already. (Along with occasional doses of Mylicon, despite my misgivings about it...it works!)
I have 4 more weeks left of my leave, which is bittersweet. Yes, it'll be nice to get back to 'grownup land' and a routine of sorts, but I will miss spending so much time with Ellie, especially now that she's become so much more interactive and interesting.

2 comments:
You are such a good mommy and I hear it will only get easier. Treasure these early days because they will be gone before you know it. Now that Ellie's tummy is full she will be more content and happier and easier all around. It won't be long before she's sleeping through the night which also allows YOU to sleep through the night and everyone will be happier. Remember that you have a huge group of people praying for you and supporting you and who understand exactly what you're going through. And for those of us who haven't experienced those sleepless nights yet, one day we'll be able to rely on you for support and advice. I miss you friend and I can't wait to meet Elliot one day (hopefully sooner rather than later). Can you try to discourage anyone from buying that house in yoru neighborhood? I think it should be reserved for Yogi and me! Love to you, Ellie, Nick, Maddie, and Boris. I miss you!!!!!
Remarkable! Its genuinely remarkable post, I have got much clear idea on the topic of from this article.
Post a Comment