It's been a busy week around here. This past weekend we had my brother-in-law and his wife, my mother, and my sister here for Ellie's baptism. Sunday morning, 8am service...I was sure it would be a mess, but it went off without a hitch and Ellie slept through the whole production! My uncle and aunt were able to drive up from Salem for the festivities, and my best friend woke up early to be a part of it too (but she lives about 5 minutes from us, so she didn't have to drive too far!). It was very special and we are so blessed to have Ellie and we are so glad we committed her as Christ's own forever.
Yesterday marked another seminal event in Ellie's young life - her first Blazer game! (Oh and she turned 5 weeks old too...haha) We had a pregame event for season ticket holders and two retired Blazer greats were there - Jerome Kersey and Terry Porter. They did a Q&A with fans, which I missed because Ellie needed some dinner, and then a trivia contest. The husband cleaned up - he got a Brandon Roy autographed team yearbook, $15 in food vouchers AND upgraded seats for the game (from our usual 300-level seats to 6 rows back at midcourt...not bad)! Also, we got this awesome photo of Terry holding Ellie - he was a big fan of hers, I must say. :)
All in all, life is good. I'd like to get more sleep, but I know it'll come in time. Once Ellie gets bigger and can hold more food in that darling belly of hers, she can sleep longer at night - and so can I! I also have my official 'back-to-work date' set for Feb 24, which seems far away, but time has flown by so fast with Ellie, that I know it'll be here before I know it.

1 comment:
Highly еnergetic blog, I enjоyed that a lot.
Post a Comment