September 21, 2009

Monday Musings - No. 1, Vol. 21

Multitasking is a skill in which I take a lot of pride. (See how I avoided ending that sentence with a preposition? And see how awkward it is?) I multitask all the time; it's just how I do things. I hate when I read about some study that shows how multitaskers are actually less successful b/c their attention is divided so much of the time. I say pish-posh...if you aren't a highly-functioning multitasker, then stop doing it. Leave it to us professionals. Not everyone can be an NFL QB, and not everyone can be a successful multitasker. Musing while I do actual work and listen to a podcast...

My stomach is shrinking to make room for the ever-expanding uterus. Mother Nature is a funny lady - I need to eat more now, but I don't have room in my tummy for a full meal. Hilarious.
Dentist appointment on Thursday. Time for my bi-annual "You Need to Floss More" lecture. I feel bad for my hygenist - she tells me the same thing, every time I'm there, and every time, I'm forced to admit that I rarely floss.
I love Nutella.
My cellular phone is possessed. All weekend it kept setting the volume level from 'vibrate' to 'level 2' and back again. I finally got it to stop yesterday, but it was weirding me out. When will the iPhone finally be available on Verizon??
The Niners did not let me down this weekend. Beating the Seahawks and cracking Hasselbeck's ribs in the process is impressive (I'm not a Hasselbeck fan, he just bugs)...I think this team is starting to get its poop grouped.
Just over 11 weeks to my due date. Which means 9 more weeks of work until my leave starts. Suh-weet.
My alma mater is holding Homecoming over Halloween weekend. If you were an alumni's kid, wouldn't you be pissed? How can you go trick-or-treating? I think the university should offer a tailgate trick or treat...but only in the alumni area. Leave the drunk students' tailgate area out of it.
Did I mention I only have TWO MONTHS of work left before I get to take my 3-month leave? Not that I'm counting down or anything.
Emmy thoughts: Didn't watch the show, think the 30 Rock love train needs to stop, Rainn Wilson was robbed, loved Christina Hendricks' dress. I just love her, actually. Her body is SICK.
The IHOP NFL commercials need to end. Now. NOW.
Blazers' first preseason game is on Oct. 6...I can't believe it's almost basketball season. I'm super excited - but I will observe a moment of silence now that Channing Frye is gone to Phoenix. Sad.

4 comments:

carmeezie said...

If you hate IHOP commercials, perhaps you would care to revisit Denny's Nannerpuss commercials.

Tiffiny said...

Nannerpuss...NANNERPUSS!

Kristy said...

As an alumni office staffer and mama to two kiddos, I'm totally torn on this whole Halloween Homecoming thing. I'll be working much of the weekend, but we'll take the kids to the Homecoming Parade all decked out in their Halloween costumes, where they're sure to score loads of candy. There will be enough time post-game for a little trick-or-treating but, yeah, I'm still bummed.

Because of the holiday, and the SArb 40th festivities also scheduled over homecoming, we embraced the idea of a pregame tailgate trick-or-treat fete early on in the planning process. If you come by our tent in the tailgate area, we'll give you and la bambina some good candy!

It's the least I can do for a girl who can't have a pumpkin beer on Halloween...

Tiffiny said...

That sounds awesome, Kristy. We'll be there!