September 15, 2009

Monday Musings, No. 1. Vol. 20

I know this is a day late, but I'm still calling it a Musings post. I was out of the office most of last week, so I had a decent amount of email to get caught up on yesterday, so I couldn't blog during work hours, and in the evening I had a nice little visit from the Heartburn Fairy that left me fairly immobilised and worthless. Tardy to the party musings commence...

Fun weekend in Seattle, despite a first-quarter hiccup in our seating arrangments at Husky Stadium. And of course, the W was as wonderful as I remembered and I scored a full set of unused Bliss samples from the bathroom to take home.
Niners won their first game of the year, which sets up the inevitable disappointing loss to come next week. Ah, football.
Baby's new favorite game: Punch Mommy in the Cervix. It's a lot of fun...for her.
Speaking of la bambina, we shall see her again on Thursday at our ultrasound appointment. I hope she looks more like a baby this time and less like an alien.
Sopresseta salumi is delicious. I love it on a sandwich with sharp white cheddar, baby spinach and dijon mustard. Mmmm...tasty.
The NBA season is just around the corner. This year, they moved the annual Blazers FanFest back to a Sunday evening, but we have youth group on Sunday evenings, so we'll have to give our tickets away. Boo.
Fall means time to make fruit crisps. Even if you can't bake, you can make a fruit crisp. Seriously, just try it. I promise you won't mess it up if you just follow a simple recipe and use good fruit.
Dan Brown's new book is out today. I'll probably get it for the Kindle, but I wouldn't pay hardcover price for it. Not for mindless leisure reading material.
*The Office* is back on Thursday. I've missed My Show terribly.
I took my SUV into a GM service center yesterday because it was making a weird noise above 35mph. Turns out it needed a new wheel bearing...and because we had the foresight to purchase a 7-year extended warranty when we bought the car, the total cost of the bearing replacement was covered. All I had to pay for was the oil change I requested. Who knew that a car warranty was more awesome than health insurance?

No comments: