November 2, 2010

I voted, so there.

I love voting. I especially love voting as an Oregonian. For six election cycles now I've had the luxury of voting by mail. It's the best!! You don't feel rushed, you don't have to stand in line at your local church/jr. high/whatever, and you can drop your vote off in a handy dropbox on your way to work.

I also am getting excited for the end of election season. Am I glad that the US House is likely to be a Republican majority again? No. But I am glad for the imminent end of the campaigning. I hate campaigning almost as much as I love voting. All the mailers, and radio ads, and teevee commercials...it's just too much, especially since most of the campaigns are so dang negative! I get really tired of that crap...I realize it must work on most people, since the candidates keep resorting to such garbage, but I hate it.

So rejoice, America! Today is election day, which means that for at least nine months or so, you don't have to worry about crappy negative political advertising and campaigning overloading your mailboxes and airwaves.

Get out and vote. All the cool kids are doing it.

No comments: