November 16, 2010

Busy, busy...busy.

So the husband has been away for work again, this time it's a two-week trip to Prague. He comes home on Saturday and I'm stoked. Sure, it'll be nice to see his smiling face again but mostly I'm stoked because I need some help!

I've been trying to get all the stuff pulled together for Ellie's birthday party next month and it's really hard to do that when I don't have anyone else here to keep an eye on the soon-to-be birthday girl (oh, and working full-time doesn't help that either). She's into everything...she's even figured out how to climb the stairs. Now, you might wonder why we don't have a baby gate there. We have found out it's very, very difficult to find baby gates that can be modified to attach to a staircase with two bannisters, rather than those with one bannister and a wall. Ugh. But we need one. I am so scared of her tumbling down the stairs and onto the hardwood floor and hurting herself.

Anyway, it's not just the party planning and prep that is hard to do with Ellie and no help around. Everything else is harder too. And she is okay with her 'baby cage,' aka play yard, for a few minutes but it takes longer than a few minutes to clean bathrooms, or vaccum our house, or fix dinner, or...you get the idea. As soon as she's over being in there she is OVER.IT.FOR.REALSIES. and if you don't get her out, she starts screaming. Fun! I need my co-parent now before mah house falls apart.

So yeah, Ellie and I went back to Moscow last weekend (Boris stayed behind at doggie daycare and hung out with his canine pals) for the BSU-UI game. Not much of a game, really, but we had fun and Ellie did AWESOME on the drive over and back. I was dreading it, but she definitely surprised me with how well she did. I think it was a good idea on my part (MOMMY BRAG) to put her Alphabet Pal caterpillar in her carseat so she could jam out to the music it plays while we were on the road. I am learning...

It's hard to believe the year is almost over and our little baby is nearly a toddler! She's getting better at letting us help her walk and she'll try standing on her own for a few seconds. I do not over-encourage this b/c frankly, I am just not ready for her to walk. She's growing up so fast! But like she's prone to doing, Ellie will walk when she decides it's time so I guess I should just get over it and be prepared.

And that concludes this whirlwind of an update. Next up for us: Thanksgiving in the Lew and my friend Marsha's wedding!

No comments: