It's a "Happy L*ker Loss Monday" around here. The Blazers FINALLY beat the hated L*kers in LA for the first time in 5 (maybe 4) years! Suck on that, Kobe et al. The little miss had her 4mo checkup on Friday and all is well. She's still in the 5-10th percentiles on weight and head size, but is in the 50th for length, so that's good. I guess some babies are just slender...like ours. Now it's on to the next muse:
We have some good news to share, but I will wait until next week, since it's not really MY news to share. (That should eliminate any suspicion that Ellie is getting a sibling.)
There is a new show on VH1 called "Basketball Wives" that I should NOT watch, but I DVRed the premiere anyway. I can't help myself when it comes to trashy reality shows about rich bitches and their 'problems'.
My little brother is turning 23 on Saturday. Good lord...he's a grown-up! And graduating from college in a month too. Where does the time go?
I have tangelos at home. I hope they're good.
It's supposed to be nice here this weekend...I sure hope so. I'm so sick of wind, rain, and cold weather.
NBA playoffs start next week. RIP CITY UNITED!
According to the Sirius hip-hop channel, there are some albums being released soon that you should be excited for: Kanye, TI, and others. I know I'm excited.
Ellie is ready for solids, according to the doc. Mommy, however, is not. I worry about rice cereal being even more troublesome for her poor bowels than her rice starch-thickened formula is. Babies who struggle to poo are no fun.
But...I now own a Babycook, and I really want to use it. Maybe I should just puree an apple and see how she likes that? I don't know. Advice?
My sister arrives in just about a month to be our summer nanny. We are excited to get Ellie out of daycare and away from the germies for a while. And of course, it'll be great for her to spend time with her auntie who ADORES her.
Lastly, a big ol' CONGRATS to my friends Danny and Angie on the birth of their baby boy! He's a doll and is very lucky to have such fun and awesome parents!!

7 comments:
yeah! what's your news??? Can't wait a week!
Is your BIG SECRET news a trip to New Zealand?!?!?!? I KNEW IT!!!! I really think you should tell me what it is now because I'm ahead of you time wise anyway, right??!?!?!
I'm guessing you won the jackpot.
I am taking a "make your own baby food" class at PCC in two weeks (Tuesday, April 27th). You want to come? You get a book and a whole bunch of tips. I think you can still sign up on their website. However, I do expect you to become the expert so that I can learn from you. :)
I just looked it up - an EVENING class! Sadly, whether I go or not depends on the playoff schedule for the Blazers, but if they don't have a game that night I might just sign up.
I wonder if I'd need to bring my Babycook... :)
Thanks for the shout out.
No Tuesday game...shall we car pool?
Post a Comment