Today Ellie had her first ever Big Girl cereal. I'm THAT mom, so if you recall from my Musing post two weeks ago, I had purchased a box of Earth's Best organic brown rice baby cereal for the kidlet. I'm militant about her solids being organic, hormone-free, you get the idea.
Anywho, today was the big day. It was time for me to conquer my fear of feeding Ellie solids. And since her formula has rice starch in it, I figured it wouldn't be that big of a leap, especially taste-wise, for her to try rice cereal. Right? Yep!
After a few faces of "what is that weird object you're putting into my mouth...and what's on it?" our little miss took quite nicely to the cereal. She kept gnawing on the spoon after every bite, which I also took as a good sign. She likes it! She really likes it!
I think we'll stick to rice cereal for a few weeks before we intro any fruit/veggies. Unless, of course, she gets all gummed up from the cereal and we need some pureed apples - or pears - to help move things along the ol' digestive tract. And I'm very glad we had the foresight to strip her down to just her diaper and bib and stick her in the easily-cleaned Bumbo for her feeding. Rice cereal was EVERYWHERE...and made for some great photos!
Congrats Ellie and welcome to the Big Girl Cereal Club. It won't be long until you're eating Cheerios and Kix!

1 comment:
I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
Post a Comment