Last week was a bad week for me, blogging-wise. I just didn't have time or any interest to post something, so I mailed it in with my last post, just to keep my weekly posting goal intact. Weak, I know. It's been my desire since getting pregnant to avoid turning this into a Pregnancy Blog but it seems like 95% of my life these days revolves around the pregnancy and baby...however, I'm sticking to my promise to NOT let this become a mommy-to-be blog. Musings of the (mostly) non-pregnant variety commence:
Crate and Barrel has the best Christmas ornaments ever. I could decorate 5 10-foot-tall trees just with their stuff alone. I love Christmas ornaments, but seriously.
The Blazers are wrapping up preseason play soon and we still don't know who the starting point guard will be. I guess this is a 'good problem to have' but I don't see it that way. It makes me nervous.
The husband is on an 'elimination diet' right now to see if helps with a chronic throat problem (yeah, I don't get it either, whatever) which means I am also on a bit of the same diet. No wheat/gluten, no egg, no dairy...dinners have become less than fun around here lately. I hope the diet does NOT work so we can stop this nonsense and tomfoolery and get back to eating normal food.
The University of Idaho Vandal football team is BOWL ELIGIBLE, y'all! I have had NO reason to be excited about my college team for 11 years, but this year...well, it's nice to cheer for them. Gonna chase that feeling.
Okay, one pregnancy-related Musing: my discomfort factor has increased geometrically over the last two weeks...I worry this kidlet is going to be bigger than we thought. At the very least, she's gotta have some seriously long-ass legs judging by her 'reach' in there.
I'm getting the travel bug again. When I cannot travel. Boo-urns. Where do I want to go? Hawaii, because nothing's hotter than a pasty-white pregnant woman with a giant belly walking around in a bikini, right?
Nonfat greek yogurt is a snack I could eat every single day and not get tired of it.
Suzy Kolber has the sickest hair on a female sideline reporter I've seen in years. And I don't mean 'sick' in a good way. It's just extremely fugly.
I kinda want to see Where The Wild Things Are but I've heard it's a tearjerker and with me being on Hormone Overload, I just don't think it's a good idea right now.
I miss shopping for normal clothes. We were at the mall yesterday and I saw the cutest outfit in the window at Ann Taylor that I cannot wear. But I desperately want it.
The rainy fall weather has arrived here in Portland and it suuuuuuucks. It really does put me in a super Debbie Downer mood. I love living here most of the year, but from now until March, I hate it because of the stupid rain and cloudy skies.

4 comments:
'elimination' diet sounds like eating with angie, as she likes nothing. what foods affect your throat?
It's not my diet. It's for Nick...and so far, the silly diet isn't working. I'm convinced his doctor is a quack.
Nick's "throat problem" sounds suspiciously similar to Mrs. Weenig's "saliva problem" that meant she was allowed to chew gum in front of all of her students. Hmmmm...
I love Crate & Barrel. I miss Crate & Barrel. I love Christmas decorations and New Zealanders just don't get it. They still decorate with tinsel. Lord help me.
Tinsel and multi-colored lights are the bane of my holiday decorating existence.
Oh, Alison, I feel sad for you. The C&B ornaments are seriously fabulous. FABULOUS. If it didn't cost roughly a week's salary to send you things, I'd ship over a care package of them.
Post a Comment